This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Looking for a quick and easy recipe for tonight's dinner? One that doesn't break the bank, tastes fabulous, and is elegant enough for a dinner party?
Look no further than this quick, easy, oh-so-flavorful shrimp scampi recipe.
The thyme, paprika, garlic, lemon, butter, and white wine combine to add depths of flavor that will have you smacking your lips in amazement.
Yeah ... my boys thought that was a weird description ... but hey ... they loved this scampi recipe and thought it almost tasted cheesy.
But there's no cheese here - just lots of layered flavors of awesomeness.
The paprika adds flavor and a nice red tone to the dish, while the white wine reduces down nicely to give an unmatched depth of flavor that you just can't get with broth.
So if you're thinking of substituting chicken broth or stock with the wine - go right ahead - but I must say it's much better with the wine.
Quick and Easy Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- In large skillet, heat butter and olive oil on medium. Add shrimp in single layer and cook for 1 minute. Turn shrimp and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add wine, lemon juice, zest, paprika, and thyme. Stir to incorporate.
- Cook for 4-6 minutes until shrimp is browned and liquid is reduced to about half, stirring frequently.
- Add parsley and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Serve immediately over pasta or rice.
Leave a Reply