This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Skillet salmon with lemon and dill cream sauce – delectable, creamy, delicious. Pair it with shell pasta, and you have a match made in heaven!
This easy skillet salmon recipe utilizes the best herbs and spices that enhance salmon’s natural flavors – lemon and dill – to make for an easy, yet oh-so-tasty and quick dinner for your family tonight.
Served over shell pasta, this creamy lemon dill salmon is a complete winner for you and your family!
Lemon, dill, and salmon go hand in hand to produce a very flavorful dish.
We all know that salmon is good for us with the high content of omega-3’s and other healthy fats, but when it’s this tasty you will come back for more time and time again.
Cooking the salmon first in a very hot iron skillet is key to a quick, tasty salmon dish and easy removal of the skin.
When your skillet is very hot and oiled, the skin on the bottom will loosen quickly, allowing you to remove it after you turn it.
This is a quick recipe, taking only about 30 minutes from prep to serve. Add your favorite pasta and salad and you’re good to go for dinner tonight!
Skillet Salmon With Lemon and Dill Cream Sauce
- 1 pound salmon portions (about 4 ounces each)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 large lemon, (2 tsp zest and 1/4 cup juice)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp dry dill weed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Add oil to skillet and heat to medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add salmon to hot skillet and cook for 3 minutes.
- Flip salmon. Peel skin off and discard. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove salmon from pan to a large plate or platter.
- Add oil, garlic, and dill to pan with heat on low-medium. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until garlic starts to brown.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, cream, salt, and pepper. Heat until bubbly and a bit thickened (don't boil).
- Add salmon back to the pan to warm salmon. Serve right away over pasta or rice.