This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This steak pasta soup with broccoli includes tender steak bites along with a delicious, creamy savory broth, egg noodles, and broccoli. Such flavor and so simple to make!
I used London broil for the steak in this recipe. Cut up in small chunks and seared quickly makes tender steak bits perfect for using in soup.
I originally intended for this dish to be a creamy pasta dish ... not a soup.
However, while in the creation stages it turned out "soupy" instead of creamy (and quite delicious, I might add).
So ... a delicious steak pasta soup was born!
I believe you'll love the tender chunks of meat and the creamy broth along with the veggies and egg noodles.
This is a hearty soup that's very warming and easy to make!
Tips for the Best Steak Pasta Soup
I like to use a fairly lean steak cut like London broil or top round and cut it into bite-sized pieces before cooking.
Your stock pot or Dutch oven will be heating up while the steak bites marinate a few minutes in the oil and spices.
I simply sprinkle the oil and spices on the steak bites on a large plate, then toss it all together to incorporate with my hands.
Once the pan is "screaming hot" on medium-high heat, I add the seasoned steak and stir occasionally as it cooks so that all sides brown to sear in the juices.
This is what makes the steak tender. You don't want tough meat in your soup (or anywhere else, for that matter!).
Add all the ingredients at the right time.
If you add the broccoli too soon, for example, it will be mushy when served. Ideally, your broccoli will be soft, but not completely falling apart.
Also, if you add the sour cream (or plain yogurt) too soon it may lump up or curdle, making your soup less creamy.
Add cream or milk ingredients near the end of cook time ... when all boiling or hard simmering is done.
Steak Pasta Soup with Broccoli
- 1 pound London broil (or top round steak), cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp garlic , minced
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 1 tsp dry marjoram
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 3 Tbsp oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ red bell pepper , about 1 cup, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli , cut in bite-sized pieces
- 6 cups beef stock (or broth)
- 2 cups sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 12 ounces egg noodles , uncooked
- 1 cup parmesan cheese , grated
- Preheat Dutch oven to medium-high heat (about 7) for 5 minutes.
- Add cut up meat to large plate and drizzle with oil. Add garlic, thyme, marjoram, oregano, basil, salt, and black pepper and mix together with hands.
- Add marinated meat to pan and cook 2 minutes without stirring.
- Stir meat and cook 2 minutes more.
- Reduce heat to low-medium (3-4). Add broccoli and red pepper. Stir, cover, and cook 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium (about 5). Stir and add stock/broth and egg noodles. Cover and cook 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat, uncover, and let sit 5 minutes. Add sour cream and parmesan cheese and stir.
Don't Forget to Pin For Later!