This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This healthy coleslaw recipe (also known as my Lemon Dill Coleslaw) is so tangy and delicious! Great all by itself or served alongside or atop your favorite fish meal or sandwich.
This is a great keto coleslaw recipe, although my site doesn’t focus on the keto diet. It’s very low in carbs and has no added sugar. My sister adheres to a ketogenic diet, and she loves this!
I love the bright colors, the fresh crunchy texture, and the tangy, creamy goodness of the coleslaw dressing. I believe it’s unique and special enough to become one of your family’s favorites!
The dressing is tangy and zesty and creamy, but oh-so-simple to make. You can use this dressing for any and all of your salads.
Simple ingredients – lovely results – more healthy and satisfied you!
Make it for your family and take it to your next potluck dinner. It’s sure to please!
What Makes This a Healthy Coleslaw Recipe?
If you think fat is unhealthy, then you’re on the wrong food blog. If however, you realize that whole foods such as butter and good quality mayonnaise are healthy, then you’re at the right place.
I don’t purport to have all “healthy” recipes, as this blog is all about good wholesome foods that satisfy both body and soul. I’m not after “healthy.” However, this coleslaw is decidedly healthy in my opinion due to the whole food ingredients.
You can even make your own mayonnaise to make it even healthier, but I don’t show you how to do this in this recipe.
The only reason this recipe would not be healthy would depend on the quality of mayonnaise. Otherwise, it’s simple whole food ingredients that include cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, spices, mayonnaise, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
I hope you enjoy this healthy coleslaw recipe with lemon dill dressing as much as my family and I do! Let me know in the comments below!
Healthy Coleslaw Recipe (Lemon Dill Coleslaw)
- 1 cup purple cabbage finely chopped
- 2 cups green cabbage finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots grated
- ½ cup parsley finely chopped
- 2 small red sweet peppers (or 1/2 cup), finely chopped
- 1-½ tsp dill weed (dry)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
- Add all veggies to a large bowl and blend.
- Add dressing to veggie mix and toss until all veggies are covered.
- How long will this coleslaw last in the refrigerator? Should last safely for up to a week. If it smells “off” or looks suspicious, better safe than sorry – throw it out.
- How do I make sure my coleslaw turns out creamy? I recommend mixing the dressing ingredients separately for best results. Then, once you have your vegetables mixed together, you can pour the dressing on and mix to incorporate. You should end up with a creamy coleslaw that’s delicious.