My Best Chicken Salad Recipe
I have developed this recipe over the years since trying my first really good chicken salad at a Bible study. The elderly woman who was hosting made a fabulous chicken salad for us all that included celery, grapes, and some type of nuts (I think it was almonds).
Prep Time30 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 (10-ounce) cans chicken, drained (or about 2 cups cooked, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cashew pieces, roasted and unsalted
- 24 red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup celery (including leafy interior), finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, more to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (or juice of one lemon)
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp dry thyme
Add chicken to large bowl and break up the pieces until they look shredded.
Add all the rest of the ingredients and blend gently until incorporated.
Serve over lettuce or bread or enjoy alone (my favorite way!) Makes about 6 cups. Will keep in the fridge up to 5 days.