Shrimp and Corn Chowder
This shrimp and corn chowder is so savory and full of flavor. You will love it on all the days you want something easy, satisfying, and nourishing for you and your family.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled, chopped (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp dry thyme
- 1 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 large lemon, juice (about 2 Tbsp) and zest (about 2 tsp)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 30 small shrimp, peeled, de-veined, and tail removed
- 1/4 cup cream
- parmesan cheese, grated, to top (optional)
- chives to top (optional)
In large pot or Dutch oven, heat butter on medium. Add onion and garlic and cook 5-10 minutes or until onion is translucent.
Add potatoes, corn, broccoli, paprika, thyme, salt, pepper, lemon juice and zest, and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
Boil on medium/high for 30 minutes uncovered (to cook and reduce broth).
Reduce heat to medium. Add shrimp and cook for 5 minutes.
Reduce heat. Add cream and heat for 5 minutes without boiling
Top with parmesan and chives if desired.
Serve right away with biscuits or crusty bread and a side salad.