Broccoli Cheddar Pasta with Chicken
An extremely cheesy, creamy, flavorful one-pot dish, this broccoli cheddar pasta with chicken will please even the pickiest palate!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp oil , olive or avocado
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced (about 1 Tbsp)
- ½ pound chicken breast boneless/skinless, cut into ½-inch chunks
- ½ bell pepper red, sliced in medium-sized pieces (about ¾ cup)
- 1 medium carrot , chopped small (about 1 cup)
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 3 cups pasta uncooked (I used rotini)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups broccoli cut in small pieces
- ½ tsp salt (more to taste)
- ½ tsp black pepper (more or less to taste)
- 3 cups cheddar cheese shredded
Heat oil to medium in a large heavy pot (such as a Dutch oven).
Add onion, garlic, and chicken and cook uncovered about 10 minutes or until chicken is done, turning a couple times during cooking.
Add bell pepper, carrot, and paprika and blend. Cover and cook 5 minutes (still on medium heat).
Uncover and add pasta and broth and blend. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
Reduce heat to low-medium (about 3). Cover and cook 5 minutes.
Uncover and add broccoli. Cover and cook another 10 minutes.
Uncover and turn off heat. Add cheese and blend thoroughly. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
Best eaten right away, but leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Add a bit of liquid (water or broth) when reheating on low heat.
Calories: 565kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 2734mg | Potassium: 1377mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 5796IU | Vitamin C: 92mg | Calcium: 689mg | Iron: 4mg