Fried Cabbage Recipe with Sausage
This fried cabbage recipe with sausage is so quick and easy - you won't believe it! The sausage is a fabulous addition that adds great flavor and spice!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups cabbage (about 1 pound), sliced
- 6 ounces Polish sausage or kielbasa (or link sausage of choice), cut in ½-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 small onion , peeled and cut in strips
- 1 small carrot , shredded (about ½ cup)
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp salt , more to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper , more to taste
Preheat heavy skillet to low-medium heat (about 2-3).
Add oil to pan and then sausage. Stir and cook uncovered about 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
Add onions to pan and stir. Cook uncovered for 2 minutes.
Add carrot, cabbage, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Stir and cook uncovered 3-5 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove from heat and serve right away.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 534mg | Potassium: 226mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2290IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg