Best Slow Cooker Chili Recipe
Chili is one of the best comfort foods, especially in the cooler months of fall and cold days of winter. I love the spicy flavors and hearty mix of beans and meat.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 14,5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 15.5 ounce cans red beans, drained (pinto or kidney)
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt, more to taste
- 6 ounce tomato paste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
In large skillet, cook ground beef and onions until meat is browned and onions are slightly translucent, chopping up beef and stirring frequently.
Add meat and onion mixture to slow cooker and turn heat on high. Add the rest of the ingredients, mixing in thoroughly.
Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours. Taste test and add more salt, black pepper, or chili powder if desired. Feel free to add hot sauce if you need more heat.
Enjoy topped with shredded cheese along with crusty bread, tortilla chips, or crackers. A side salad goes well with chili as well.