Sauteed Broccoli with Red Pepper
This sauteed broccoli is an easy and quick stir fried broccoli that includes red bell pepper for added flavor, crunch, and beautiful color!
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 cups broccoli , cut in largish pieces
- 1 red bell pepper , de-cored and de-seeded, cut in strips
- 4 Tbsp olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 2 Tbsp garlic , minced (about 4 large cloves)
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper , more to taste
Preheat large skillet on medium (I love using cast iron, but not necessary here).
Add oil, garlic, bell pepper, broccoli, salt, and black pepper and stir.
Cover and cook on medium for 3 minutes.
Uncover, stir, and cook about 2 minutes more or until broccoli is just softening. Don't overcook. Broccoli is best when still a bit crunchy but starting to soften. Cook longer according to your preference.
Calories: 171kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 614mg | Potassium: 366mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1498IU | Vitamin C: 120mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg