Cheesy Potato Recipe (AKA Hashbrown Casserole)
This cheesy potato recipe uses frozen hash browns and lots of cheese and spices for the ultimate one-pot, zesty oven potato casserole!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 small onion , finely chopped (about ½ cup)
- ½ large red bell pepper , finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 30 ounces hashbrown potatoes , frozen
- 1 cup pepper Jack cheese , shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese , shredded
- 1 10.5-ounce can cream of chicken soup (or mushroom)
- 1 cup sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup French fried onions , lightly crumbled
Preheat oven to 350F.
Preheat cast iron skillet on the stove top for 5 minutes on medium. Add oil, onion, and red pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
Remove skillet from heat.
In medium size bowl add the hashbrowns and the rest of the ingredients except for fried onions and stir together.
Pour hashbrown mixture into skillet and stir to incorporate with onion and red pepper.
Top evenly with fried onions.
Bake 35 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 360mg | Potassium: 538mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1095IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 335mg | Iron: 2mg