Corn Potato Chowder
This corn potato chowder recipe is so hearty and delicious! It's easy to put together - the hardest part is peeling the potatoes - and is perfect for a chilly (or cold) day!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 medium onion , diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic , minced (about 2-3 large cloves)
- 10 medium potatoes , peeled and chopped (5-6 cups)
- 4 cups chicken stock (or broth)
- 20 ounces corn , frozen or fresh
- 1 tsp salt , more to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper , more to taste
- 2 tsp paprika
- 4 tsp dry marjoram
- 1 cup sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- ½ cup heavy cream (or milk)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup parmesan cheese , grated
- 1 cup pepper Jack cheese , shredded (or other cheese)
Heat Dutch oven to medium for 2-3 minutes. Add oil, onion, and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
Add potatoes, broth, corn, salt, black pepper, paprika, and marjoram. Stir and bring to a boil on high heat (uncovered).
Reduce heat to low-medium (about 2-3) and cover.
Cook 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring occasionally, mashing potatoes gently with your spoon to create smaller pieces.
Uncover and turn heat to low. Let sit 5 minutes before adding sour cream, cream, butter, and cheeses.
Serve right away with extra cheese to top if desired.
Calories: 670kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 944mg | Potassium: 1976mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1426IU | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 417mg | Iron: 13mg