Mediterranean Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
This is a simple Mediterranean salad with two types of lettuce, black olives, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and feta cheese. Tossed with the lime vinaigrette dressing makes it a delicious, hearty salad for just about anything you're serving.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce (or green leaf lettuce), chopped
- 2 cups red leaf lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 5.75 ounces whole black olives , drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces feta cheese , crumbled
- 1 large cucumber , chopped (about 1 cup)
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dry basil (or 2 Tbsp fresh, chopped fine)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup lime juice (from one large or two small limes)
Add all salad ingredients separately evenly around a round platter or shallow bowl for nice display.
Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl or jar and mix with a whisk (or shake covered if using a jar).
Before serving, mix salad ingredients together and toss with dressing.
Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 619mg | Potassium: 296mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3448IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 166mg | Iron: 1mg