Macaroni Tomatoes (easy and with few ingredients)
Macaroni and tomatoes is a simple old-fashioned recipe that uses only a handful of ingredients from your pantry.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic , minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning (or 1 tsp each of basil and oregano)
- 4 cups chicken stock or broth (water if you don't have broth)
- 3 cup macaroni , uncooked (or pasta of choice)
- 29 ounces canned tomatoes , 2 cans - crushed and/or diced
- ½ tsp salt , more to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper , more to taste
- parsley to top (optional)
- parmesan cheese to top (optional)
Heat Dutch oven or stock pot to medium heat.
Add oil to pan along with garlic and herbs. Stir to mix while cooking. Cook 1-2 minutes or until begining to brown.
Add broth (or water) and pasta. Heat to high to bring to boil (uncovered).
Reduce heat to low and cover.
Cook 15 minutes covered, stirring every 5 minutes or so to prevent sticking. Pasta should have absorbed all or most of the liquid by this time.
Add tomatoes and stir. Heat for another 5 minutes or so and serve hot.
Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 607mg | Potassium: 695mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 306IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 3mg