Chicken Divan Crock Pot Recipe
This chicken divan crock pot recipe is a classic comfort recipe that you've likely had in some form or another. Cooking it in the slow cooker makes it super simple.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 large chicken breasts , boneless, skinless
- 1 cup brown rice , uncooked (NOT quick cooking)
- 1 quart chicken stock or broth
- 2 Tbsp garlic , minced (about 4 large cloves)
- 2 tsp marjoram , dry
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt , more to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese , shredded
- 2 cups broccoli florets , fresh
- 1-½ cups fried onions (like Durkee - I usually use store brands)
Add 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts to your slow cooker and top with rice, chicken stock, fried onions, garlic, marjoram, black pepper, and salt.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, low for 6-7 hours.
During the last 30 minutes of cook time, turn heat to warm and add broccoli and top with cheese.
Cover and let sit 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and broccoli is a bit soft. Serve hot.
Calories: 654kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 1128mg | Potassium: 981mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 625IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 267mg | Iron: 3mg