Pumpkin and Mushroom Risotto with Sage
This pumpkin and mushroom risotto sounds fancy schmancy, but it's really very quick and easy.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 Tbsp oil (I used olive oil)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 large mushrooms white or crimini, sliced (about 3 ounces or 1 heaping cup after slicing)
- 1 Tbsp sage , dry
- ½ tsp salt , more to taste
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup apple cider or juice
- 1-½ cups arborio rice , uncooked
- 3 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese , shredded or grated
- ½ cup cream
Heat a Dutch oven or heavy pot to medium heat.
Add butter and oil and let butter melt.
Add mushrooms and sage and stir.
Cook for 5 minutes, turning mushrooms halfway through to brown on both sides (uncovered).
Add apple cider and cook 5 more minutes uncovered to reduce liquid (still on medium heat).
Add rice, stir, and cook 1 minute (still on medium heat).
Add broth and cook 10 minutes on medium heat, stirring frequently. Stir constantly closer to the end of the 10 minutes so rice doesn't stick to the bottom of pan.
Turn heat off and add pumpkin, cream, and parmesan. Stir to incorporate.
Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Calories: 378kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 758mg | Potassium: 300mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 6808IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 3mg