Bojangles Dirty Rice Recipe (easy copycat)
I love this Bojangles dirty rice recipe due to loads of sausage and spicy flavors. I think it's a pretty good rendition, and you can create the amount of spice that you and your family like.
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 cups cooked rice , white or brown
- 1 pound breakfast sausage , ground (spicy or mild)
- ½ large red bell pepper , chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 small onion , chopped (about 1 cup)
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper , more if you want extra spicy (optional if sausage is spicy)
- 1 Tbsp garlic , minced
- 1 tsp paprika , smoked or sweet (depending on amount of spice wanted)
- ½ tsp black pepper
Dirty Rice and Beans
- 14.5 ounces canned black beans , drained (optional alternative)
In a large heavy skillet, cook sausage until browned, breaking it up as it cooks (about 10 minutes).
Remove all but 2 Tablespoons of fat from the pan.
To the pan, add bell pepper, onion, cayenne, garlic, paprika, and black pepper and stir together.
With heat on medium, cook for about 10 minutes or until bell pepper is softened.
Add cooked rice to skillet, reduce heat to low, and stir. Heat 5 minutes or until hot throughout. Serve right away.
Calories: 518kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 725mg | Potassium: 405mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1057IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2mg