Tuna and Rice Casserole Recipe (quick stovetop)
This quick and easy tuna and rice casserole recipe is cooked on the stove top and uses only one pot.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 cups rice quick cooking
- 10 ounces tuna 2 cans, drained
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup or other condenced cream soup, 10.5 ounces
- 1-½ cups mozzarella cheese shredded (or shredded cheese of choice)
- 4 cups broth chicken or beef
- 2 cups peas frozen or fresh
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp black pepper
Add broth to Dutch oven or heavy pot and bring to a light boil on medium-high heat.
Add rice, onion powder, peas, black pepper, and paprika and bring to a boil again on medium heat.
Cover, lower heat to low-medium.
Cook for 15-20 minutes or until rice is cooked, keeping covered.
Add tuna, cream of mushroom soup, and cheese and stir to incorporate.
Turn heat off. Let sit uncovered about 10 minutes to allow cheese to melt.
Calories: 431kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 1286mg | Potassium: 374mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1084IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 185mg | Iron: 3mg