Fruited Chicken Salad with Grapes & Cashews
This is a delicious fruited chicken salad with grapes and cashews. Nutty, sweet, and crunchy flavors all combining nicely together.
Servings: 4 servings
- 20 ounces chicken canned and drained (or about 2 cups cooked, shredded) (2 10-ounce cans)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cashews pieces, roasted and unsalted
- 24 red seedless grapes halved
- 1 cup celery (including leafy interior), finely chopped
- ¼ tsp salt , more to taste
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper , more to taste
- ¼ cup fresh parsley , finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (or juice of one lemon)
- ½ tsp oregano dry
- ½ tsp thyme dry
Add chicken to large bowl and break up the pieces until they look shredded.
Add all the rest of the ingredients and blend gently until incorporated.
Serve over lettuce or bread or enjoy alone (my favorite way!) Makes about 6 cups. Will keep in the fridge up to 5 days.
Calories: 587kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 56g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 528mg | Potassium: 368mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 485IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 3mg