Beef Pie Recipe with Ground Beef
This ground beef pie recipe is a simple, hearty, delicious one-pot meal that's easy to put together and is all you need for a busy weeknight meal for your family.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2-3 cups potatoes , about 4 medium, 6 small (peeled, cleaned, and chopped)
- 1 pound ground beef , at least 80% lean
- 1 Tbsp garlic , or 2 large cloves
- 1 tsp marjoram , dry
- 1 tsp oregano , dry
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup , 10.5 ounces, condensed (or other condensed cream soup of choice)
- 1-½ cups mixed vegetables , frozen
- ½ tsp salt , more to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper , more to taste
- crust to top
First, you will boil your potatoes for 5 minutes in water that just covers the potatoes. Don't fully cook - just needs to be a bit softened. Will finish cooking in the oven.
Meanwhile, you will cook the ground beef until browned. Drain off any excess fat. Then add garlic, marjoram, oregano, and paprika and saute a bit longer (3-5 minutes) on low-medium heat.
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Add canned cream of mushroom soup and mix in until incorporated.
Mix in frozen vegetables, potatoes, salt, and black pepper with a large spoon.
Add meat/vegetable mixture to 9 x 9 pan and cover with pie crust, crimping the edges to seal. Make a few light puncture holes in the crust with a fork to help steam escape.
Cook in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until nicely browned.
Calories: 384kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 940mg | Potassium: 560mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3749IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 4mg