This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This easy beef stew slow cooker recipe is so quick to put together and slow cooks all by itself while you go about your day, ready to dish up by dinner time.
Who says you can't do it all in the slow cooker? Well, you can ... Just pile all the ingredients in your slow cooker, stir it up, set it to high, and you're good to go for dinner tonight!
Not a whole lot of ingredients, but lots of flavor and very tender beef for a nourishing, satisfying meal the whole family will love.
Many recipes for slow cooking have you start on the stove top to brown your meat and saute your onions and other veggies. But you really don't need to take this extra step for a really flavorful, tender beef stew.
I'm all about easy, but I insist on lots of flavor. If you're the same, try this simple beef stew and let me know what you think.
The added seasonings of paprika, oregano, and thyme - all readily available for most - are all you need along with salt, pepper, and beef broth for the most satisfying and easy beef stew slow cooker recipe you will turn to again and again.
Quick to put together, simple ingredients, and a very nourishing and satisfying paprika beef stew the whole family will love - what more could you ask for?
Serve with my Southern Flaky Biscuits or Skillet Cornbread for a complete, hearty meal!
You may also love my easy, cheesy Crock Pot Potato Soup!
Easy Beef Stew Slow Cooker Recipe
- 1-½ pound stew meat (or other beef), cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 large carrot, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon dry thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups beef broth
- Turn on slow cooker to high heat.
- Add meat and onion to slow cooker, drizzle with olive oil, and blend.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to incorporate.
- Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender and vegetables are softened.
- Serve with salad and bread of choice.
Leave a Reply