This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Tuscan butter mushrooms are so decadent, flavorful, and saucy. So easy to make at home, but you'll think you were at a fancy restaurant.
Juicy, savory mushrooms in a bountiful creamy, cheesy sauce - the ultimate in comfort food. Pairs great with steak or chicken, or you can serve them as appetizers or a side dish.
My boys claim they don't like mushrooms, but they really liked these!
These Tuscan butter mushrooms are delectably delicious and cook up quickly. You'll think you're at your favorite Italian restaurant - except you're not, and you didn't just spend a fortune on dinner!
Tender and juicy mushrooms cooked up in a luscious, cheesy, tomatoey wine sauce. You'll want to lick every drop off your plate.
Great served as an appetizer, a side dish, or atop your favorite steak! If you love mushrooms and the taste of Tuscany, you'll love these!
Tuscan flavors include tomato, cheese, garlic, wine, and spinach - all flavors incorporated in these flavorful mushrooms.
Easy to double or triple for a crowd!
What You'll Need
3 Tablespoons butter
1 Tablespoon minced garlic (about 2 large cloves)
1 teaspoon each of dry marjoram, oregano, and basil (or substitute your favorite Italian seasoning blend)
1 pound white or crimini mushrooms (or baby portabello), washed and ends trimmed off (left whole)
¼ cup dry white wine
½ cup cream
1 ounce cream cheese
1 Tablespoon tomato paste
½ cup packed fresh spinach
¼ cup parmesan cheese
¼ teaspoon salt, more to taste
How to Make Butter Mushrooms
First, you will preheat your cast iron skillet (or other heavy skillet) on low-medium heat. Then you will add butter to the pan and let it melt
Next, the garlic and herbs will be added and cooked 2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring often.
Add whole mushrooms and wine, stir, cover, and cook 5 minutes.
Uncover and cook until wine reduces a bit (about 2 minutes).
Add cream cheese and tomato paste and cover for 2 minutes to melt. Uncover and mix in cream cheese and tomato paste.
Add cream and stir in, cooking 2 minutes to thicken (don't boil or overheat).
Turn heat off, and add spinach, parmesan, and salt. Stir together and let sit for about 5 minutes for spinach to wilt and parmesan to melt.
Serve right away while still good and hot.
Tips for the best Tuscan Mushrooms
If you use fresh herbs instead of the dry, you will use more. 1 teaspoon of dry herbs equals about ¼ cup packed fresh herbs.
You can use frozen spinach in this recipe, but thaw out first and drain. Make sure most of the liquid is drained out of the spinach, and be sure to chop before adding to your sauce mixture.
Note: Keep in mind that fresh spinach is definitely best here.
Try this hot butter mushroom recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Tuscan Butter Mushrooms (easy & delish)
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced (about 2 large cloves)
- 1 teaspoon marjoram dry
- 1 teaspoon oregano dry
- 1 teaspoon basil dry
- 1 pound mushrooms small cremini or baby portobella (kept whole)
- ¼ cup white wine dry
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup cream
- ½ cup spinach fresh, packed
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated or shredded
- ¼ teaspoon salt more to taste
- Preheat cast iron skillet (or other heavy skillet) on low-medium heat.
- Add butter to the pan and let it melt
- Add the garlic and herbs to the pan and cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring often.
- Add whole mushrooms and wine, stir, cover, and cook 5 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until wine reduces a bit (about 2 minutes).
- Add cream cheese and tomato paste and cover for 2 minutes to melt. Uncover and mix together.
- Add cream and stir in, cooking 2 minutes to thicken (don't boil or overheat).
- Turn heat off, and add spinach, parmesan, and salt.
- Stir together and let sit for about 5 minutes for spinach to wilt and parmesan to melt.
- Serve hot right away.
Don't Forget to Pin For Later!
Oh! I am going to try these tonight as I have some mushrooms in the fridge right now!
I hope you love them, Scarlet! Let me know!