This green beans almondine recipe with bacon is easy, quick, and satisfying. Great for a mid-week meal or for special occasions.
Using only a few ingredients, but these ingredients do wonders for enhancing the flavor of green beans!
I'm talking bacon (um ... of course!), thyme, and garlic along with the mandatory ingredients of green beans, almonds, salt, and pepper. That's it!
You will be cooking the green beans in the bacon fat, and it's all done in one skillet in about 30 minutes. A total WIN no matter what the occasion!
You may also like my Creamed Sweetcorn recipe - unique and uses no sugar.
Green Beans Almondine
- Cook bacon. When done, remove from pan. Drain all but 2 tablespoons bacon fat.
- Add green beans to pan heated to low-medium heat.
- Also add garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Cover pan and cook 15 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in almonds and crumbled bacon.
- Serve right away.