This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A lot of my recipes include bacon and broccoli - because I love them both so much, and they go great together! This bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breast is so cheesy, creamy, and nutritious!
Delicious and nutritious broccoli and garlic are included in the cream cheese filling. Then each chicken breast is wrapped in three slices of bacon and tucked underneath. The bacon adds a nice smoky flavor that really enhances the dish.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast Tips
Preparing the chicken breasts for the filling is quite simple.
Using a sharp small knife, just cut a pocket into the chicken breast long ways. Don't cut all the way through.
Start at one end, leaving about 1/2 to 1 inch, and slice into it without going all the way to the other side. Stop cutting when you get about 1/2 to 1 inch from the other end (as above).
After filling with broccoli and cheese mixture, you will then press the chicken breasts together at the seams and set them both seam side up in an oiled casserole dish. At this point, you will wrap the bacon around the chicken and tuck the ends underneath.
Only a handful of ingredients, but so savory and full of flavor! Perfect to put on your weekly or monthly recipe rotation!
Each breast is a lot of meat, so I like to cut each one in half before serving. Serve with a knife for cutting and a side salad and potatoes or other carb of choice.
You may like to serve with my Creamed Sweetcorn, my Creamy Scalloped Potatoes, or my Green Beans Almondine. All would pair wonderfully with this Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast recipe as well as with each other.
It's so delicious and simple to make - I hope you will try it tonight and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast with Broccoli
- 2 whole chicken breasts (1-2 pounds total) boneless, skinless, trimmed
- 1 cup broccoli, finely chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- drizzle of oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut a partial slit length-wise down the inner side of each chicken breast. Don't cut all the way through. You're looking to create a "pocket" for the filling to be placed in.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine broccoli, garlic, cream cheese, salt, and pepper (I find it easier to just use my hands).
- Ball up half the filling mixture and place in each chicken cavity and close.
- Drizzle oil in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- With seam side up, wrap bacon slices around each chicken breast, tucking in at the bottom (3 halves per breast).
- Place in the oven and cook 40-45 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 and bacon is browned.