This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Who knew such a simple salad could deliver such a flavor punch? Broccoli with smoky, meaty bacon along with the crunch of almonds and the light sweetness of bell peppers paired with homemade ranch dressing … equals the perfect broccoli bacon salad!
I recommend you make this ahead of time so the flavors can meld together and provide the best flavor possible. The broccoli will absorb some of the dressing, softening it a bit, and you will be rewarded with a salad you will be proud to serve at your next get-together or potluck event.
Perfect paired with grilled burgers, salmon patties, meatloaf – just about anything you can think of. I served the broccoli salad with my yummy salmon patties, and the flavors were perfect together.
Broccoli Bacon Salad
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped
- 5 slices cooked bacon (about 1/2 cup), crumbled
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (about 1 mini pepper), chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk or buttermilk
- 1/8 tsp each salt and ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dry parsley
- 1/4 tsp dry chives
- 1/2 tsp dry dill weed
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice (from half a lemon)
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl with a whisk until smooth.
- Add all salad ingredients in a medium-to-large bowl and toss.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and mix until dressing coats all salad ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- It is recommended to refrigerate the dressing and/or salad mixture for at least 2 hours before serving in order for the flavors to “meld” – making for a more delicious salad. You can also make and refrigerate the night before serving.