This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This spinach ravioli recipe is pure comfort food and covered with a dreamy, creamy tomato basil sauce that will make you want seconds!
Starting with cheese-filled ravioli, you will top it with a creamy, cheesy sauce that’s full of garlic, basil, and tomato flavors. My boys and I loved it!
I love ravioli – it’s my favorite pasta dish!
Plus, it’s so quick and easy … only 20 minutes from start to finish!
Combining cheese-filled ravioli with spinach and a great creamy tomato basil sauce is the ultimate in comfort food. Add a side salad and you have a full, hearty meal.
What You’ll Need
25 ounces cheese filled ravioli (frozen or refrigerated)
2 Tablespoons butter
1 Tablespoon oil
2 teaspoons dry basil
2 Tablespoons garlic (6 large cloves)
1 cup cream
4 ounces cream cheese
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 cups fresh spinach, chopped (or 1 cup frozen, thawed, drained, and chopped)
shredded pepper Jack cheese to top (optional)
How to Make it
Start your ravioli according to the package instructions. I used frozen.
Meanwhile, you will heat a Dutch oven or large heavy skillet to low-medium (about 3).
Add your butter, oil, basil, and garlic and stir. Saute for 2 minutes.
Turn heat to low and add cream, cream cheese, tomato paste, and parmesan cheese.
Stir and mash until cream cheese and tomato paste are smooth and incorporated. You may need a whisk for this. I used my silicone spatula.
Heat on low for about 5 minutes until smooth and bubbly. (Don’t boil.)
Drain ravioli when done.
Turn heat off of Dutch oven and add spinach and cooked ravioli to sauce mixture. Stir gently to incorporate. Serve hot with side salad and bread of choice.
Sauce for Spinach Ravioli
The sauce for this spinach ravioli is rich, creamy, and flavorful. Full of garlic, basil, cheese, and tomato flavors. It’s simple to make, but you will feel like you’re at a fancy restaurant.
Isn’t that what the best recipes are all about??? Simple, yet so delicious?
That’s what I think too …
This sauce is made in a separate pan while your ravioli cooks according to the package directions.
Takes less than 10 minutes for the sauce to be ready … thanks to the cream cheese and all its rich cheesiness!
I hope you love it … let me know!
You can use either frozen or refrigerated ravioli for this recipe.
You can also use either fresh or frozen spinach. I used fresh since that’s what I normally buy.
If using frozen, you will need to use half the amount and thaw, drain, and chop before adding.
Alternately, you can use spinach-filled ravioli if you wish.
I hope you love this spinach ravioli recipe as much as my family and I do! Let me know in the comments below!
Great served with:
Spinach Ravioli Recipe with Tomato Basil Cream Sauce
- 25 ounces ravioli cheese filled (frozen or refrigerated)
- 2 Tbsp garlic minced (about 4 large cloves)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp basil dry
- 2 cups spinach fresh, chopped (or 1 cup frozen – thawed, drained, and chopped)
- pepper Jack cheese shredded (to top, optional)
- Start your ravioli according to the package instructions (I used frozen).
- Meanwhile, heat Dutch oven or large heavy skillet to low-medium (about 3).
- Add butter, oil, basil, and garlic and stir. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and add cream, cream cheese, tomato paste, and parmesan cheese.
- Stir and mash until cream cheese and tomato paste are smooth and incorporated. You may need a whisk for this. I used my silicone spatula.
- Heat on low for about 5 minutes until smooth and bubbly. (Don't boil.)
- Drain ravioli.
- Turn heat off of Dutch oven and add spinach and cooked ravioli to sauce mixture. Stir gently to incorporate. Serve hot with side salad and bread of choice.
Don’t Forget to Pin for Later!