This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This carrot raisin salad is so quick and delicious! Lightly sweet and savory with crispy bits throughout.
The raisins offer a light sweetness while the celery and nuts add distinct flavors. A small amount of nutmeg is all it takes to take the flavors over the top!
Pairs well with most anything you’re fixing and perfect for picnics or potlucks!
How to Make Carrot Raisin Salad
First step is to shred your carrots. You can purchase pre-shredded carrots, but it’s much fresher if you shred them yourself.
You can hand shred (like I did), or feel free to use your food processor if you have a shredding feature in order to save some time.
Alternately, you could purchase matchstick carrots. The salad will be more crunchy and bulky, but it will probably still be just as delicious.
The rest of the process is just a matter of gathering all your ingredients and dumping them in a large bowl.
I like to use a bowl that’s bigger than I need for the end product, so I use an extra-large bowl to mix in, then transfer to a smaller bowl for storage.
This allows you room to mix all the ingredients thoroughly without struggle and mess.
What to Serve with Carrot Salad
Other vegetable side dishes to consider include:
- Cream Style Corn
- Mediterranean Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
- Green Beans Almondine with Bacon
- Delicious Sauteed Broccoli with Red Peppers
- Broccoli Bacon Salad
Carrot Raisin Salad
- 4 cups carrots , shredded (about 4 large)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup celery , finely chopped
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Add all ingredients except mayonnaise to a large bowl and mix together with a large spoon.
- Add in mayonnaise and mix together until incorporated. Serve right away or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Don’t Forget to Pin For Later!