This is a simple Mediterranean salad with two types of lettuce, black olives, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and feta cheese.
Tossing with the lime vinaigrette dressing makes for a delicious, hearty salad that goes with just about anything you're serving.
It's especially good served with spaghetti, lasagna, or any other Italian or Greek dish.
I like to display the salad with all the ingredients separate, then mix them all together right before serving, tossing in the dressing at the end.
What to Put in Mediterranean Salad
There are many ingredients that are considered "Mediterranean," so you can use any of them to make a delicious salad combination.
I chose two types of lettuce, as I like the green and red combinations together.
Black olives are usually a must with Mediterranean dishes as well as feta cheese. I added cucumbers and cherry tomatoes for their flavor, texture, and color additions.
I thought about adding chopped red onion and chick peas (garbanzo beans), but I ran out of room.
I actually forgot until I had all of it plated up. It seemed complete to me, so I didn't bother to mix them in.
If you have room, or you want to substitute either of these with something else - go right ahead. Salads are usually pretty forgiving, and there are so many ways to get them right.
The lime vinaigrette dressing is a nice touch with a slight tang of lime and light cumin flavor.
This basic tossed salad is so easy ... a great go-to salad for any day of the week, yet special enough if you present the ingredients separately on a platter for nicer occasions.
What to Serve with This Salad
Any Italian, Greek, or other Mediterranean style meal will go well with this salad.
Mediterranean Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce (or green leaf lettuce), chopped
- 2 cups red leaf lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 5.75 ounces whole black olives , drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces feta cheese , crumbled
- 1 large cucumber , chopped (about 1 cup)
- Add all salad ingredients separately evenly around a round platter or shallow bowl for nice display.
- Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl or jar and mix with a whisk (or shake covered if using a jar).
- Before serving, mix salad ingredients together and toss with dressing.
Don't Forget to Pin For Later!