This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chili is one of the best comfort foods, especially in the cooler months of fall and cold days of winter.
I love the spicy flavors and hearty mix of beans and meat.
This slow cooker chili recipe is easy and fool proof. Just set it and forget it ... until it's time to serve it up as a hearty meal for your family.
This chili recipe isn't super spicy, so it's great for the average family.
If you want to pump it up a notch, you can add an extra jalapeno or two, another tablespoon of chili powder, or your favorite hot sauce.
Keep in mind that the flavors will increase over a longer cooking time as well as the spiciness, so adjust near the end for best results.
This goes for salt as well as hotter ingredients such as chili powder or hot sauce.
Other slow cooker recipes you may love:
Best Slow Cooker Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 14,5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 15.5 ounce cans red beans, drained (pinto or kidney)
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt, more to taste
- 6 ounce tomato paste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In large skillet, cook ground beef and onions until meat is browned and onions are slightly translucent, chopping up beef and stirring frequently.
- Add meat and onion mixture to slow cooker and turn heat on high. Add the rest of the ingredients, mixing in thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours. Taste test and add more salt, black pepper, or chili powder if desired. Feel free to add hot sauce if you need more heat.
- Enjoy topped with shredded cheese along with crusty bread, tortilla chips, or crackers. A side salad goes well with chili as well.